This is the DAY!

Today is it!!  We miraculously leave again for Nairobi, Kenya.  We owe thanks to so many people who have prayed, encouraged, provided financial provision and donations to take with us.  THANK YOU!!!

I will try to update this blog at least once.  But we do have a FACEBOOK Page:  Cross Point Nairobi Team.  Please "like" our page and follow along there.  Internet is not consistent while there, but we will do our best.

It has been crazy these past few weeks with work responsibilities piling up for both John and I, family illnesses and then last weekend the sudden unexpected death of our nephew, William. Thank you once again for your prayers. I would be dishonest if I didn't say that each day this week has been difficult to emotionally engage in  our trip to Nairobi.  My heart is sad.

I did have one friend write me and ask how I can reconcile this event with God, as "his timing is so confusing"  This question has brought me to my knees.  Mostly for the pain I know that my extended family is experiencing a this time.


 I believe bad things happen for 3 reasons, 1. We live in a fallen world. 2. The result of our personal sin. 3. The effect from someone else's sin.

But I do agree God's timing is confusing.  I know he could have saved William, but he choose to bring him home.  I guess, this is just where trusting and believing come in.  I have felt the strength of others prayers this week and a peace that I know can only come from God. He weeps with us, he died on the cross, so I know he understands on a personal level, not just an I am God level.  The scripture says, he is close to the brokenhearted, he binds up our wounds and makes beauty from ashes.  While he certainly allows our free will , when we choose to allow him, he has never failed to overcome on a heart level, transforming us to be more like him.  His goal is not our comfort, but rather our hearts.  He wants us to choose him.  He loved us so much he stayed on that cross, the nails didn't hold him there, love did! I have to trust in that love.  I can't imagine the depth of that love. I am so grateful for that love that saves me daily. I choose to respond in faith and choose to show love to others.  Altho not perfectly do I do this.  But it is my hearts desire.   It is the only love that brings freedom, healing, hope and joy!  Comfort is not his ultimate goal, but healing is and in that we find comfort.

I have been so sad this week I have wondered how am I supposed to comfort those who live in such poverty and face pains on a level most of us can't imagine, yet I am grieved myself.  It's funny before each trip like this I have tried to fill myself with scripture, "put in" extra time with God.  It occurred to me last night that this is something my daily life should be like, not just prep for a trip.  Life is a trip, everyday, every place.  Several have mentioned that life has been exceptionally hard lately because satan is trying to derail and distract me, our team from a great work to be accomplished in Nairobi.  I don't disagree  BUT isn't that the truth for everyone, everyday.  Satan wants to distract and derail us from the work God wants to do in us and through us!

But the truth of the matter is, life here on earth is never perfect, never without pain or suffering. The Greater TRUTH is Jesus and He has overcome the world.  Fear Not, Rhonda. Fear Not, World.  God will accomplish his work.

Thanks again to each of you!  May whatever you face today lead you to Jesus.

Keep us in your prayers.  Safety: violence has escalated in Kenya, particularly in Kibera Slum, one of the slums we are hoping to do home visits in. Health: the team stays fully functioning and protected from illness.  HOPE: That we bring light and healing to a very dark place.  I love each you and my gratitude to you is great. Family: Pray for family left behind during these next 2 weeks. Pray protection over them and pray for peace in their hearts.

love,
Rhonda and the girls.

                                         I am excited to hug this sweet family!!!!!!!

Comments

Oh, beautiful friend, be comforted! You are in the palm of His hands, and He is going to do mighty things in and through each of you. My heart aches deeply for you; yet, at the same time it rejoices in this opportunity for you to return again to a people you love so dearly! Be richly blessed!!! Praying for you all!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

The Whole Hearted

We're Here