The Whole Hearted

Transitioning to a new role as a nurse I attended a health coach training. There I was exposed to a speaker by the name of Brene Brown, she spoke on connnectedness and vulnerabilty. Brene is a social worker turned reseacher setting herself on a journey to "cure" lack of connectedness.

Guess what she learned? "VULNERABILITY: The Core of Relationship"

Here is the deal, people who had more of sense of connectedness did not necessarily have less struggles. Instead she named this group of people "The Whole Hearted". Because these individuals had a strong sense of "worthiness".

There are 4 strong characteristics of The Whole Hearted defining the worthiness they feel.

1. Courage: "Cour" latin word meaning who you are with your whole heart

2. Compassion: Treat yourself kind. If you can't treat yourself kind, how can you be truly kind to others?

3. Authenticity: Those who let themselves be seen loves greater

4. Vulnerability: What makes you more vulnerable makes you beautiful. Believe you are worthy of honesty. Because honestly the less you talk about it the more you have it. We can not selectively numb emotions. If we numb pain, etc we also numb joy, peace, love. To date adult Americans are the most in debt, obese, addicted and medicated in our history.


The Whole Hearted fundamentally believe in vulnerability. This allows them to be the first to say, I love You or I am sorry and to love our children purely unconditionally with now expectations of return.

Important to remember Brene states, "You are imperfect, you are wired for struggle but worthy of love and belonging."

So awesome to hear this from scientific research, because I think I have read this elsewhere as well. How about you?

Are you ready to connect? Do you believe you are worthy? Jesus made it so that I am and you are; every tribe and every nation!

Laura and Lauryn. Oahu 2011.

Comments

karendalycook said…
Rhonda - I love this. I think you need to guest blog for me...this is such an important topic for all of us. And isn't it great when research proves what we already knew to be true!

Love to you friend!
Rhonda said…
Karen, I would love to visit your couch! It is exciting to be in touch and hear/ see all that you are doing. He has great plans for you! Love you too...My "forever" Little Buttercup
bill & lura said…
This is so good, Rhonda. It's what I've always felt was true, not that I have always lived up to it.

God is using you in amazing ways.

Love you, Lura

Popular posts from this blog

13 days and counting...