Hands of the Healer


Sweet Beatrice. I love this girl. I met her two years ago and she was very sick. She looks a lot better, but unfortunately has only gained 3 lbs in 2 years. She is 6 years old and weights 25 lbs. Her cough continues despite Brenda taking her to the clinic many times. My heart sank when I saw her again. But, Brenda was able to arrange a visit with a new doctor this time. I explained to him what has been happening the past 2 years with Beatrice and I do believe he was an angel in disguise. He treated her without payment and walked us to the hospital for x-rays and communicated with the chest clinic on Beatrice behalf. Shockingly, I went in with her for the chest x-ray and the "technician" took the picture with the previous patient, (another young girl) still redressing. No metal shield. I pulled Virginia and I behind a brick wall. Crazy! This is their government healthcare. Anyway, the doctor brought the x-ray to me and allowed me behind the counter to view the picture with him. TB! But amazingly I was thankful it wasn't HIV. Beatrice started her medicines. It will take 6 months which is a huge commitment for her Mom. Pray for them. This time I want to bring her home even more than my last visit. But we pray for complete healing, and Brenda spoke over her that she will become a doctor in her community and help change the world she lives in! Brenda sees all through the eyes of the Lord, not through their circumstances. She constantly teaches me this!

Beatrice visited some patients with us when we were done with the clinic. She put her sweet little hand on the head of Jane, the 12 yo dying in the hospital and prayed over her with me! May the hands of the Healer touch Beatrice and work through her!

With love,
Rhonda



Comments

bill & lura said…
Oh my, the tears are flowing, my feelings are so deep. You are truly amazing and your write straight from the heart and they penetrate mine. I just want to say more, but right now I can't. It's just truly touching, all the pictures and stories.
Our love and prayers for you and for the people you have touched.
Don M. said…
What a wonderful story in your latest blog entry. You have to know that I and I suppose most of the people at Crosspoint Church read all of them.

Popular posts from this blog

13 days and counting...

The Whole Hearted