13 days and counting...

13 days and Jessica and I board a plane for Africa. Nairobi to be exact. At this point the struggles and miracles have left no doubt that this is a privelege in our lives.

Today Pete Wilson at Crosspoint.tv finished up a series on Questions. Wow, there are so many and honestly not a lot of answers. Which is why I especially love attending Crosspoint. Strange you might say, but honestly I find freedom in that.

I find that the things I struggle with and don't have answers to lead me to what is most important to focus on. It boils down to learning how to HOPE and that hope itself is not a scientific fact but a leap of faith. I find no better person to place my faith in than that of Jesus.

Although placing my faith in him doesn't mean that my life has become simple, easy or even safe. What placing my faith in him has allowed is for me to experience a deep level of comfort and peace amongst pain, especially amongst my requests for physical healings that didn't occur.

The ultimately healing is simply to give our hearts over to Jesus. The journey then begins to choose to learn to continuely place our trust (hope)in that Saviour. Not a practice I claim to have perfected or expect myself ever to perfect. I would love your prayers as I will pray for you to grow deep roots of everlasting hope.

I have been searching for just one scripture or passage to hold onto has we take this journey to visit dear friends and work alongside them yet it escapes me. But today we sang a song that reminded me of the fact that the same power that raised Jesus is the same power in us. Yep, I have to swallow hard when I think on that. How about you? It's exciting...hard to sit still for that one.

Hey Brenda....13 DAYS !!! WOOHOO. Marianne. P says she loves you too! I have a hug saved for you from her!



Comments

BrendaAfrica said…
Can't wait till you two get here!!!! It is fun to see your journey ... hugs to Marianne P ... she would be an awesome prayer warrior to have here with us as we go into the slums!
bill & lura said…
Brenda, here they come. Are you ready for the squeals that Jessica and Katilyn will give out==surely will be the "squeals heard round the world." Rhonda. if you read this before you leave, please give Lauryn a big hug for us. All our love, Bill and Lura

Popular posts from this blog

The Whole Hearted