airlines and chili

People/friends think I am so nice. At least they let me think that.

Today I called KLM/NWA to ask about the weight limit for our luggage and the cost of bringing an extra bag....seems we need to do that.... Well after the 6th "yes" and 6th time of stating and then I admit yelling the confirmation number into the phone receiving a calm, nice but not real voice saying each time, "sorry, my mistake let try again" I was unrecognizable even to myself. I realized I was screaming at a recording but couldn't help myself.

Once I was finally put through to an agent (oh this was my second call because the first time we got disconnected) I noticed my seat assignments were gone, then I got this strange silence on the other end. I asked what was up and they said calmly, "there is a problem with you flight from Atlanta to Nairobi" How could that be I said. I booked these flights in April. No response just a connection to 'international". There I repeated my story and was again greeted with, "oh, wait, there is a problem." I admitted to them this time that they were scaring me. But was reassurred. I actually was on hold at this point for 30 mintues...with some teasers to keep my hanging on. Believe me I would do anything not to have to give my confirmation number to that automated system.

Anyway, in the end I learned that my flight was not approved by the government. Which government I asked and why book flights before approval. I didn't get an answer to either...just new flight plans.... later in the day, different stops, and later arrival Kenya. But hey...we are still going. We can breathe once again...on to making Chili for Jessica and 17 others going to Cornerstone camping on Tuesday.

Chili was a success until I went to fill the freezer bags. That is trickier than it sounds. But I was down to the last bag and placing gently on top of the others in the freezer and boom the zip did not stay zip locked. Chili Everywhere. Apologized to my children for my language and don't worry I think I only lost 2 servings.

Well, John just walked in the back door with burgers from the grill...sounds good right about now.

Anyone else dealing with airlines let me just say I feel your pain.

Thanks for your continued prayers!


Comments

Janice said…
You are such a mess! Hang in there... reading your blog is very entertaining to the rest of us!! I can just picture the chili dripping thru your freezer....lol!! Love you.
Tracy said…
So excited for you! Airlines are always a challenge aren't they!? Can't wait to hear all about your trip----so glad you started a blog! Love the name!

Popular posts from this blog

The Whole Hearted

We're Here